Research shows that mothers who regularly received breastfeeding instructions and support from a lactation consultant were nearly 3 times more likely to be exclusively breastfeeding at 3 months, as compared to women who did not have a lactation consultant assisting them.
(Source: American Journal of Public Health. February 2014. Effect of Primary Care Intervention on Breastfeeding Duration and Intensity)
Included in my in-home consult package is ALL the follow up calls and emails needed to assure breastfeeding is going smoothly for you. My goal is for every mother to achieve breastfeeding success.
I offer in home consultations, phone consultations for general questions and secure e-consults. Help is offered to families before and after baby is born. I assist mothers and their babies with any lactation questions and concerns they may have.
In Home Consult
- ~ Baby is weighed before and after feeding to assess milk transfer
- ~ Normal newborn behavior and feeding patterns discussed
- ~ Baby’s latch and suck are assessed
- ~ Pumping instructions given if needed
- ~ Personalized care plan provided
- ~ Report sent to pediatrician
- ~ Phone and email follow up included
price: $200 ($250 for twins)
Cash, check or credit card accepted. Payment is due at the time of service.
Insurance "super bill" will be provided for you to submit to insurance to seek reimbursement.
- ~ General guidance for questions that don't require a home visit
Follow Up In Home Visits
- ~ In depth follow up for current clients only
- ~ Care plan and physician report provided if needed
- ~ Extended phone and email follow up for 2 additonal weeks.
Cash, check or credit card accepted. Payment is due at the time of service. Insurance "super bill" will be provided for you to submit to insurance
to seek reimbursement.